VACANCY OPPORTUNITY BACKGROUND
Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a global project funded by the United. State (US). President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency forInternational Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. It is led by FHI 360 as prime and has a five-year period of performance from April 15, 2019 to April 14, 2024. EpiC provides strategic Technical Assistance (TA) and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and improve HIV case-finding, prevention and linkage to treatment among key and Priority Populations (PP). In Tanzania, EpiC will work in Dar es Salaam, Dodoma, Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Morogoro, Njombe and Shinyanga to address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among Key and Vulnerable Populations (KVP) and Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW). EpiC Tanzania will build the capacity of local, community-based organizations and work closely with the Government of Tanzania (GoT) at national and sub-national levels to deliver HIV and other services tailored to the needs of these groups.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
PHSRF is a non-governmental organization that was founded on demand-driven reasons for saving lives of Tanzanians. Formed out of former Angaza Zaidi program, a countrywide HIV and AIDS prevention and sensitization program under USAID that was implemented since 2001, PHSRF has accumulated over 15 years of hands-on experience in implementing HIV and AIDS prevention, sensitization and awareness raising projects across the country. PHSRF is legally registered by the United Republic of Tanzania under the Non-Governmental Organization ACT, 2002 with Registration Number ooNGO/R2/000103.Under EpiC, Partners for Health Services and Research Foundation (PHSRF) will support activities for HIV prevention, care and treatment and other related services among KVP and PP in Kinondoni district, Dar-es Salaam region of Tanzania.
The objectives for Epic are to
1: Attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among at-risk adult men, women and 2: Attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among KVPs (FSW and MSM)
3: Improve program management (including HIS and HRH) and financial systems to ensur attainment and maintenance of epidemic control.
Job Position Biomedical Advisor
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Dar Es salaam.
Contract Duration; 12 months
Partners for Health Services and Research Foundation (PHSRF)
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,816+ POSTS)
- Supervise EpiC Project’s biomedical prevention portfolio, collaborating with the RHMT/CHMTs, Implementing partners and other key
- As Biomedical Advisor will support the Program Manager in establishing and working closely with RHMT/CHMTs and other government and non-governmental partners to advance HIV biomedical prevention for KVP in the
- Mentor and supervise Healthcare providers, community counselors, R/CHMTs to address their attitudes and beliefs towards KVPs, as well as improve the capacity of providers and R/CHMTs to deliver core and expanded packages of KVP
- Supervise the implementation of various biomedical interventions including HIV Self-Testing, PrEP provision and community-based HIV Testing and
- Ensure the implementation of EpiC project is aligned with national policies, standards and guidelines on KVP HIV
- Supervise the operationalization of the National Guidelines for Comprehensive Package of HIV Interventions for
- Provide Mentorship and support supervision as necessary for activities in Region
- Work with Strategic Information team to ensure quality and verified data for the comprehensive biomedical package offered by EpiC Project in the
- Promote and support the documentation of project best practices, success stories and lessons learned among.
- With support from the Project Manager & DMO’s office, to ensure the availability of government biomedical providers and none government registered providers for the provision of biomedical services at the community
- Assist in organizing training/orientation to biomedical providers to be engaged USAID EpiC project activities and maintain the list of Service Providers working with the
- Liaise with DACC and DMO’s office to obtain commodities, supplies and government M&E Tools for Biomedical
- Supervise biomedical providers and ensure monthly planned activities are implemented and all Service Providers are reaching the targeted beneficiaries on time and with
- Provide technical support and mentorship to biomedical team to ensure set standards are met as per the government guidelines and project SOPs.
- Work closely with the Project Manager, R/CHMT members and other community partners to conduct joint supportive supervision at the council level and ensure the outcomes of the visits clearly documented and recommendations
- Ensure the follow up of index testing is properly administered and linkages are made Partners for Health Services and Research Foundation (PHSRF).
- Daily follow up on cases Linkage management of the tracked beneficiaries that received an outcome, Reconcile and compile data into the councils tracking register and the Index registers and maintain it on weekly
- Jointly work with facility implementing partners at the council level to develop a sound Bi-directional referral network.
- Ensure all service providers properly fill all required National and Project M&E tools and timely submission of service reports appropriately, including monthly summary reports to the catchment health
- Ensure council service providers are reporting their daily performance through WhatsApp groups and other agreed
- Ensure a timely preparation of weekly and monthly update and project reports on biomedical services progress to
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,816+ POSTS)
Knowledge, Skills and Experiences:
- Experience in managing HIV prevention and treatment portfolio, including provision of clinical services (HIV/AIDS, PrEP, ART, and PMTCT).
- Strong leadership skills, as well as skills in training, facilitation, team building and
- Experience in managing a team of 10 or more professional health care
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature HIV/AIDS, family planning, TB and
- Strong change management, results-oriented and decision-making skills
- Leadership skills and technical capacity to support service delivery, especially at the community level.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and
- Experience and understanding of USAID-funded
- Experience in KVP
- Experience in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating HIV public health programs Ability to travel nationally and internationally up to 40%.
- Medical degree/ (Doctor, Assistant Medical officer or Nurse) post-graduate training in public health desirable as an
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience working in one or more areas of biomedical HIV prevention including: HIV counseling and testing including HIV self-test, PrEP, HIV care and treatment (required), linkage case management, PMTCT, home-based care, voluntary medical male circumcision, or other applicable
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,816+ POSTS)
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURE.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV via email: above
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES. Closing Dates: 16th October 2020 at 17:00hrs.