Job Title: Digital Health Advisor
Location: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Who we are
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
D-tree International is a leading digital health organization. We work to improve the quality of health systems in low and middle-income countries by exploiting digital technology in innovative ways. We are an interdisciplinary organization, working at the intersection of global health and technology. Expertise in both domains is essential to design and deploy systems that are both appropriate to particular contexts and effective in improving health outcomes. Our work is diverse, ranging from developing tools to supporting governments to engage with the private sector in Liberia, to an emergency referral system providing life-saving emergency transport to women and babies in Tanzania.
We are currently supporting the Ministry of Health in Zanzibar to implement a national digitally-enabled community health system that will utilize digital tools for more than 2,000 community health workers and their supervisors to provide community-level health services at scale. These systems are cost-effective, significantly improve health systems, and save lives. We are well-positioned to expand our reach and impact throughout Tanzania in 2020 and beyond. Furthermore, this system collects millions of data points each month and offers exciting potential to exploit this data to improve program quality and contribute to global evidence.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (1,416+ POSTS)
Who you are
We are seeking a full-time Digital Health Advisor to work closely with our Zanzibar program team, the Zanzibar Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Zanzibar President's Office Regional Administration and Special Departments (PORALGSD) to support the MoHand PORALGSDin design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of HIS project activities. You will work with the Head of the ICT Unit of the MOH and other technical leaders to ensure coordination and alignment of efforts.
What you will do
You will support the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar to strengthen the Digital Health System nationally. This will include working to support and improve: Digital Health ajira strategy, management, and operations, including data quality; data use across levels of the Zanzibari health system; organizational capacity of the MoH and the local government to reinforce key critical functions supporting the HMIS; data integration for decision making. You will also strengthen D-tree's internal capacity in Health Information Systems and support other D-tree programs outside of Zanzibar.
Health Information System Strengthening
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building to the MoH and other stakeholders to analyze, strengthen, design, specify, implement, deploy, optimize, and use various health information systems.
- Provide technical expertise to the MoH in the identification, gap analysis, development, dissemination, and implementation of HIS strategies, standards, and guidelines.
- Work with D-tree and ICT-related stakeholders within the MoH on data architecture, data interoperability, and integration procedures and policies.
- Support the MoH in the technical integration of program data into government information systems such as DHIS-2.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building to the MoH and other stakeholders to collect, analyze, disseminate, and use HIS data at all levels for health system planning and management.
- Collaborate with all local stakeholders and implementing partners, to ensure that activities are harmonized Implement monitoring and evaluation strategies to review the quality of HIS implementation, improve program approaches, and document progress toward meeting project objectives.
- Identify opportunities for integrated planning and implementation creating synergies between various program areas.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (1,416+ POSTS)
Participate in the definition and implementation of data use strategies for government stakeholders.
Support MoH and D-tree staff members in data use. Develop curricula for MOH staff to improve data use at each level of the health system Conduct training for MOH staff to improve data use at each level of the health system
Learning and dissemination
Actively participate in relevant technical working groups and professional forums representing D-tree
Document successes, lessons learned and challenges in implementation and maintain an inventory of successful tools and approaches for HIS Regularly report on project activities and results to the project team and donor, including routine quarterly and annual reports and other reporting requirements as requested Author/co-author abstracts, presentations, and articles for journals and conferences to disseminate best practices, learning, and achievements
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a motivated individual who is willing to wear multiple hats and do what it takes to make our programs succeed. At D-tree we are trying to push the envelope regarding what is possible with digital health systems while working in environments with extreme constraints. We are looking for an individual who is creative, flexible, and who takes initiative to identify and act on opportunities to strengthen the quality of and innovation in our programming.
- A Master's Degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Informatics, or a health-related field is required.
- At least 10 years of experience implementing and providing technical assistance to strengthen large-scale HIS including experience in quality collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing processes for quality data collection, validation, analysis, dissemination, and use for health information and human resource information systems.
- Demonstrated experience as a business and systems analyst.
- Extensive knowledge of health information technology and public health IT standards including, semantic, exchange, privacy/security, etc. and applications, including EMRs, laboratory information systems (LIS), DHIS2, IHRIS, and others. Demonstrated experience managing the integration of multiple applications or business processes.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with applying general project management best practices methodologies.
- Proven experience with managing the development or sourcing of health information systems that are currently in use.
- Proven ability to oversee the design or modification of sophisticated computer applications to meet data collection and reporting requirements.
- Proven experience implementing national information systems in low resource settings.
- Demonstrated experience assessing capabilities of and gaps in national health information systems including functionality, resource requirements, standard operating procedures, and human capacity.
- Demonstrated experience providing capacity building assistance at individual and organizational levels.
- In-depth understanding of Zanzibar's health information systems, and experience living and working in Zanzibar preferred Team player able to work in a high-pressure environment and manage multiple activities and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent intercultural communication skills; able to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to lead and work effectively with an interdisciplinary team with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to contribute to D-tree's and the MOH's mission by occasionally conducting tasks that go beyond the job description. High level of attention to detail and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to develop rapport and effective working relationships with the ministry, national and international working partners at all levels, local organizations, and other program partners, highly desirable.
- Proficient spoken and written English. Ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally as necessary.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Experience designing and implementing mobile data collection tools, and mobile data verification strategies. Experience supporting humanitarian or development programs. Knowledge of Swahili preferred (if not, a strong willingness to learnis essential).
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (1,416+ POSTS)
To apply for this role please fill in the google form by clicking the apply button. Only applicants who respond to all questions and include their CV will be considered.
Deadline for applications: open until filled. D-tree Internationals an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE