Position: Program Support Specialist - Health
Location: Arusha City
The role of Program Health Support Specialist will provide subject matter expertise regarding the health of all program beneficiaries (pregnancy through youth). This role will collaborate with other Support Specialists, Program Trainers and Partnership Facilitators to ensure staff and Implementing Church Partners are adequately informed and equipped to ensure preventative and curative care for all beneficiaries.
Working experience as a medical doctor in a hospital is required.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The duty station for this role will be in Arusha City, Tanzania.
Essential Job Functions
The Program Health Support Specialist will; 1) serve as a SME to country leadership in developing country health strategies; 2) interpret and contextualize the global physical development outcomes and indicators for Compassions Holistic Child and Youth Development program; 3) maintain subject matter expertise on healthy physical development, theory and practice; and 4) support in mobilizing health related resources.
This role will also review & analyse relevant program data to identify areas of concern, health trends and will work with the Partnership Facilitators to identify local and Compassion resources to address needs.
Key skills and competencies:
- An understanding of the national health care system
- An understanding of the health and developmental milestones
- Ability to review/analyse health data, reach conclusions and provide clear decisions/recommendations on health strategies
- Ability to think programmatically and make appropriate recommendations/decisions on a national health strategy
- Ability to effectively train non-medical personnel in basic health topics and assist lay leadership adapt best practices to the local context
- Ability to collaborate well both internally & externally
- Ability to network and build partnerships with other ministries & organizations for resource mobilization
- Ability to represent Compassion on a professional level
- Ability to communicate (verbal & written) in a clear and effective manner
-Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
-A Bachelor’s Degree in Health (Nursing or Medicine)