Position: Senior Technical Specialists- Tanzania WASH Activity
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Senior Technical Specialist candidates for an anticipated Tanzania WASH Activity in Tanzania. The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to expand the provision and governance of WASH services through partnerships with the Government and private sector in Tanzania.
Interventions aim to (i) increase access to
sustainable water services managed by the Rural Water Supply and
Sanitation Agency and urban water utilities; (ii) increase access to
finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; (iii) strengthen the market
for sanitation and hygiene products and services; and (iv) strengthening
basin water boards and water user associations to enhance stewardship
of water resources.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Areas of Specialization Sought:
* Rural water supply services including infrastructure implementation and development of local operation and management capacity
* National and regional level support to WASH policy, planning, capacity, and system building and coordination
* Institutional and operational capacity of urban water and sanitation authorities
* Operation of and access to WASH financing including TZ National Water Fund, micro-finance, and BWB/WUA financial resources
* WASH public-private partnership policy, governance, and effective implementation
* Private sector engagement in rural and urban sanitation including access to market for sanitation products and services and effective inclusion of women and youth
* Decentralized wastewater management/treatment, including “fecal sludge”
* Access and reliability of bulk water to small towns
* Institutional and operational capacity of BWB and WUA water resources management
* A Master’s degree-level or higher in a relevant discipline is preferred or a bachelor’s degree with significant additional experience.
* Managerial and operational experience in a technically related field (10 years minimum with a Master’s or 15 years with a BS-level degree); preferably in a similar donor program in Tanzania.
* Strong communications and interpersonal skills to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations.
* Outstanding intercultural communications and interpersonal skills desired;
* Professional level English, both written and spoken, required.
* Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for these positions
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.