Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
REPOA is an independent research institution, registered under the laws of Tanzania in 1994 which primarily undertakes research on socio-economic development and utilizes knowledge to facilitate socio-economic transformation for inclusive development. In addition to research, the organization undertakes capacity building of the intellectual resource (researchers and research users); and facilitate the utilization of research findings by promoting evidence-based dialogue and participating in policy reviews and development.
REPOA is currently seeking applications from interested individuals for the position of Senior
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The roles of the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer are to support the organization’s Results-Based Management based on its theory of change; to coordinate the monitoring of implementation of the strategic plan through the Results Monitoring Framework (RMF), annual M&E plans, and by collecting and analyzing M&E data, and to prepare reports for various stakeholders.
Summary of duties and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain M&E system and tools for REPOA for purposes of assessing the operational effectiveness and outcomes of programmes and projects.
- Support all departments and units to understand M&E systems, use M&E tools and follow M&E procedures and guidelines that enhance effective delivery and reporting at institutional and project levels.
- Support the preparation of strategic and annual operational plans and budgets, annual M&E plan and their reviews and evaluations.
- Monitor the implementation of strategic and annual operational plans of the institution by the departments and units and draw the attention of the management to any significant deviations from agreed targets in a timely manner; and identify any M&E-related project implementation risks;
- Track research outputs and measure their contribution to outcomes; and initiate and manage policy outcome/impact linkages for learning and accountability.
- Ensure the mainstreaming of M&E capacity for staff and facilitate institutional learning and the sharing of lessons learned from and across projects.
- Consolidate progress reports for use by various stakeholders, including the Board of Directors, Funding Partners, and Government regulators.
Postgraduate degree in Social Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Administration, Economics or Statistics and Planning with at least 6 years’ experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning at senior level. The candidate should have expertise in collecting and analysing quantitative and qualitative data, computer skills, excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills, and understanding of research-policy linkage. Previous work with donor-funded projects and/or research environment will be an added advantage.
Qualified applicants are welcome to apply and should send their typed application letter and detailed CV including three referees to the address below by 24th June 2020.
REPOA is an equal opportunity employer.
Only selected applicants who meet requirements will be considered for an interview. Those who do not hear from REPOA four weeks after the application deadline should consider themselves unsuccessful.
The Executive Director, REPOA
157 Mgombani/ REPOA Street, Regent Estate P.O. Box 33223, Dar es Salaam
Phone: (22) 2700083 / 0784 555 655 Fax: (22) 2775738