Position: Programme Manager
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a diaconal organization mandated by churches and Christian organizations in Norway to work with people around the world to eradicate poverty and injustice. In Tanzania, NCA works mainly with Faith Based Organization to uphold human dignity, promote human rights and accompany poor and marginalized communities in their struggles for economic and social justice. NCA implements programs that are aligned with NCA global strategy, people’s needs in Tanzania and the Government of Tanzania’s development policies. NCA’s focus areas include, strengthening interfaith civil society and building social cohesion, fighting inequality, improving agricultural production in a climate change environment and increasing market access as well as ensuring gender justice. NCA is Core Humanitarian Standard certified.
Country Strategy (2020-2024) represents a change to NCA’s previous
operation in Tanzania. The Programme Manager is expected to contribute
significantly to this shift in programming. During the strategic period
NCA increasingly concentrates geographically, develops integrated and
more systematic interfaith programming and enhances results reporting.
NCA scales up programs and innovation in climate smart economic
empowerment and mobilizes partners to work on issues such as
gender-based violence and social protection. The programmatic
development enhances diversification of NCA’s funding sources.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
NCA is seeking a dynamic, experienced, strategic-thinking and result-oriented Programme Manager who can effectively lead a team of development professionals to achieve positive change. The Programme Manager will manage and guide the development of NCA’s programme activities in line with the Country Strategic Plan and NCA policies with ecumenical and interfaith partners. As a member of NCA Senior Management Team, the programme Manager reports to the Country Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the implementation and continuous contextualisation of the NCA Tanzania Country Strategy.
- Deepen strategic interfaith and ecumenical partnerships to strengthen the civil society and enable program outcomes.
- Lead quality programming through continuous improvement of programming methodologies and techniques and sustainability standards.
- Oversee the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems in NCA Tanzania’s programme, in line with NCA programme polices, standards and strategies.
- Ensure the effective and professional management of donor grants and support the development of high-quality proposals.
- As a line manager, provide ongoing mentoring, support and advice to Project Coordinators (8) to ensure high quality Project Cycle Management.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (1,316+ POSTS)
- Tanzanian national with a good Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Development Studies, Public Health, Education, Social Science, Theology or related, relevant topics from a recognized learning institution.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in similar or related senior management positions.
- Good knowledge on Tanzanian development policies and key issues affecting economic and social development in Tanzania.
- Experience in sustainable programme development, the project management cycle, budget management and participatory planning methodologies.
- Knowledge on the role which the faith actors can play in development.
- Previous experience of inspiring and managing a diverse team of senior staff.
- Previous experience in successfully managing change.
- Experience in fundraising and dialogue with donors.
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and written, English and Swahili).
- Confident user of MS Office (incl. Excel and Power Point).
- The ability to learn fast and adapt to change easily and work under pressure/ tight deadlines with minimum supervision. Timely deliveries and good time management are expected.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural settings and being able to interrelate with relevant stakeholders both at the national and sub-national levels. Professional inter-action with NCA Head Office in Norway and 17 country offices world-wide will apply.
- Being a positive and good team player, open to the new procedures and flexible to the changing environment.
- Systematic, dynamic, strategic and result oriented
- Energetic and enterprising
- Team player with good collaboration skills
- Ability to train and build capacity
- Good people skills, including relationship building with partners and donor
An attractive compensation package based on performance and consummate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidate.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (1,316+ POSTS)
How to apply:
Please submit your application to the address email@example.com Only electronic applications are considered. In the subject line of your email, please state clearly which position you apply for. The application should consist of a brief motivation letter and CV, compiled into one document of maximum 4 pages. The document name should start with your name and include which position you apply for. E.g. . Certificates are not of interest at this stage but should be brought to 2nd round of interviews. Applications failing to meet these requirements or sent to other email addresses will not be considered. First and second rounds of interview will take place last weeks of July 2020. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful. Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) reserves the right not to make an appointment/contact.
Application deadline is 14th July 2020.