Position: The Senior Data Analyst / IT Auditor
Location: Kinondoni, Dar Es Salaam
The Senior Data Analyst / IT Auditor will be overseeing IT Audits and other outsourced services for a rich clientele spanning across the Financial Sector to large Public organizations. The role will manage teams on a project basis and will be in charge of effective delivery.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Responsibilities for the Senior Data Analayst:
- Work hand in hand as a support for the Assurance Department, to ensure IT audit is done accurately before Financial auditing is done.
- Utilize historical data sets and planned product changes to model and forecast business trends
- Utilize the analytics tools to carry out statistical analysis and ad hoc reporting as required and Log information into business intelligence tools and analytics database of the organization
- Develop analytics to identify trend lines across several data sources within the organization
- Apply predictive analysis and tools to forecast and employ business analytics (including an enhanced ability to quantify and qualify data)
- Examine and evaluate existing business practices and systems, and provide suggestions aimed at creating efficiency and streamlining operations, while maintaining or increasing compliance rate
- Analyze the client’s operations for trends, volume, demographics, and operator metrics to support decisions
- Provide IT related guidance to clients and ensure overall audit objectives are achieved
- Actively engage and participate on IT Audits and serve as audit liaison with key clients and provide them advise on how to improve IT related controls
- Oversee the execution of high-quality risk-based audits including the audit of technology infrastructure, information security and business application systems
- Execute audit tests and identify issues and areas for improvement in the efficient and effectiveness of information technology operations
- Manage audit team members in developing action plans to ensure risks are effectively mitigated and follow up to determine adequacy of corrective actions
- Perform data analytics to confirm completeness and accuracy of information processing and reports
- Identify performance improvement opportunities for clients and generate reports and recommendation for further action
- Provide ongoing feedback to the team to ensure they develop the skills and competencies required for effective planning and individual professional and personal career growth.
- Motivate and inspire the team by providing them with the information and tools they need to do their jobs well and meet customer expectations.
- Develop new revenue streams by maintaining solid relationships with clients and engaging them for future work.
A minimum of 3 years of experience handling a database with large datasets.
Advanced computer skills, knowledge of additional databases such as SQL Server and MySQL
Familiar with data warehousing, data mining, and data mapping
Applicants are required to have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Acturial Science or any other related degree.
Position: Assistant Accountant Finance
Location: Kinondoni, Dar Es Salaam
Prepare, examine financial statements and other financial reports for accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting standards.
Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
Carry out financial analysis of the firm operations to inform decisions.
Develop, maintain, and analyse budgets, preparing periodic management reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs and variances.
Analyse on a monthly basis chargeable and non-chargeable time in the firm.
Update accounts receivable and payable lists and conduct debtors and creditors age analyses.
Compute all relevant taxes, prepare and file tax returns to ensure compliance with all statutory authorities.
Compute, make payment and submit all relevant statutory returns.