Senior NHLS M&E Officer Jobs
OverviewTanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services including comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment in Pwani and Kigoma regions.
THPS is implementing the Strengthening the Quality, Accessibility,
and Sustainability of the National Health Laboratory Services (NHLS) in
the United Republic of Tanzania Under PEPFAR. THPS is currently seeking
highly experienced, committed, and motivated Tanzanians to fill in its
vacant position for Senior NHLS M&E Officer: Below is the job description:
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
POSITION TITLE: Senior NHLS M&E Officer (Readvertised)
REPORTS TO: Project Principal Investigator and SI Director
LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam (with frequent field travel up to 75%))
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES:To provide overall technical support in the planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities required for the Strengthening the Quality, Accessibility, and Sustainability (SQAS) of the National Health Laboratory Services (NHLS) project implemented by THPS. Work with the SI Director to build the sustainable capacity of the National Health Laboratory System teams at national, zonal, and regional lab levels in managing health information systems. This includes the capacity to quality data management and its use for program improvement.
- Responsible for the NHLS project Monitoring and Evaluation activities
- Coordinate timely reporting of NHLS Project reports
- Provide leadership on reviews of database and hiring of database managers
- Coordinate laboratory Information systems supported by NHLS project
- Coordinate M&E and data collection team meetings and work plans and tracking of the outputs
- Assist in refining of M&E materials and data management systems
- Provide technical support in the process of laboratory data quality assurance, data cleaning and summarization
- Provide leadership for capacity building to zone and regional labs to improve national M&E systems, use of data and timeliness of reporting. Provide inputs on funding applications and renewals
- Compile timely weekly and monthly M&E activity reports
- Liaise with NHLS Project Coordinator to coordinate Zonal M&E activities
- Coordinate reporting of Lab indicators to national and PEPFAR
- Assisting in troubleshooting of Lab database
- Perform other duty as required by the Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, computer science, public health, international health, or a related discipline. A background in a medical-related field is an added advantage
- Advance degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, public health or related discipline will be an added advantage
- Working for 4+ years of experience in the design, implementation, and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems. HIV/AIDS epidemiological experience preferred.
- Experience with the primary collection of clinical data, design of forms and data collection instruments, and data analysis is an advantage
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Access and Excel and one or more of the following statistical analysis packages (SAS, SPSS, STATA)
- Leadership skills, team building, and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills in English and Swahili
How to apply:Interested applicants should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages maximum by April 30th 2020 with a subject line for example: Senior NHLS M&E Officer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.