ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ) is a development agency that is committed for social justice, gender equality and ending poverty. It is an Associate member of the ActionAid International (AAI) Federation which is a global justice organization working to achieve social justice, gender equality and eradication of poverty.
The organization is looking for a qualified, experienced and self-motivated person to fill in the following position below:
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Job Title: Tax Advisor
Workstation: ActionAid Tanzania Head Office in Dar es Salaam with travels to the field and internationally as required
Reports to: Head of Programs and Policy
Are you passionate about tax justice Are you interested in supporting social movements and providing mentoring to young activist networks and organisations to understand and act on this important agenda Do you like diving into economic research and policy analysis? Can you support organisations to engage in national and regional advocacy If so, you might be our future Tax Policy Advisor
- Develop capacity of youth activists and civil society organisations to analyse tax systems and linkage between domestic revenue and quality Gender Responsive Public Sendees.
- Support alliance building among youth organizations and movements and with regional and international CSOs & networks in the fight against corruption with peer countries.
- Support youth movements and civil society organisations in designing and delivering advocacy strategies towards the government and other key actors lobbying for fair and progressive tax policies, laws and regulations in collaboration with Tanzania Tax Justice Coalition & other CSOs for improved generation of domestic revenues to fund quality Gender Responsive Public Services.
- Conduct and support high quality research and analyses of existing legal and policy frameworks in relation to taxation.
- Support AA Tanzania in the development and use of a range of materials for pnnt and electronic media to sensitize and amplify on tax justice and GRPS through inputs into press releases, policy briefs, newspaper articles and other communication tools.
- Support in-country and cross-country learning processes.
- Participate in professional learning networks, including with other Advisors across the Federation.
- Participate in and support ActionAid Tax Justice Working Group.
- At least 3 years of experience in tax policy analysis.
- Good understanding of Tanzania’s tax legislation and economic context.
- Good experience in fiscal and monetary policies analysis and interpretations. Experience in designing and implementing advocacy strategies.
- Experience in delivering trainings and other capacity building activities.
- Good knowledge on economic development aspects.
- Experience in working in civil society and with youth movements would be an asset. Strong analytical and research skills and presentations skills.
- Strong communication skills in speech and in writing.
- Full working knowledge of English.
- Master’s degree or preferably postgraduate degree, in Economics, Tax law or related domains.
Desired skills for the job include:
- Ability to act in accordance with ActionAid’s values; follows through on commitments; and applies ethical considerations in all decisions and actions.
- An appreciation for diversity, and appreciates political, cultural and institutiona sensitivities.
- Understanding of team and partnership dynamics and qualities to foster these effectively and positively.
- Ability to effective strategies to facilitate organisation change initiatives and overcome resistance to change by involving others, listening and building commitment.
Job contract period: 18-month contract with possibility of extension under the People4Change programme funded by Danida.
Salary expected: 2,681/= Euros monthly, including an obligatory pension scheme.
Expected start date: any date in June 2020
Method of Application
To apply, submit your updated curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and send to the Head of Human Resources, Organizational Development & Support Services, through E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Closing date: 08 May 2020 at 11.OOhrs. Please clearly indicate “The job title” in your email subject.
NB: Whilst all applications received will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, we regret that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates
NB: Applicant must have vehicle driving skills with a valid driving license.