Job Title: Country Manager - Tanzania
Location: Moshi, Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Location: Moshi, Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Leads East-West Seed Tanzania(EWTZ) towards the achievement of set business goals. Participates in and supports vision and strategy development and decision making for the company. Translates the overall EWS mission, vision, and group strategy into its equivalent at country level. Ensures that the entire team is aligned, inspired and motivated to deliver their best to successfully manage and grow a healthy and sustainable business.
Strategy Development and Execution
- Participates in the development of the EWS group strategy by providing valuable business insights from the country. Using his/her market knowledge and expertise, helps enrich the formation of EWS strategies by testing the viability of such strategies at the country-level.
- Develops the strategy for EWTZ, understanding, anticipating trends, unique and complex challenges and opportunities in the market. Ensures that the strategy is successfully implemented and meets long-term business needs.
- Ensures that the business strategy is supported by a robust management system and operational processes.
Business Planning & Financial Management
- Leads the development of annual and longer-term business plans along with his/her country leadership team, ensuring alignment with EWS group strategy; quantifies business outcomes (i.e. key performance indicators) and resource budgets (financial and headcount), and ensures integration of key activities or projects across the organization.
- Reviews, signs off and monitors the annual operating budget and CAPEX of EWTZ; ensures all investments are supported by a thorough financial analysis.
- Manages and delivers the financial targets of the business. Regularly conducts financial performance review with country finance partner and takes necessary course-corrective actions to meet the financial targets of EWTZ.
- Sets and communicates the EWS Group and EWTZ country strategy for achieving the organization's mission, vision and values, together with the broad actions needed to implement it; Inspires the organization to commit to these and to doing extraordinary things to achieve the organization's business goals.
- Identifies and evaluates the capabilities needed to meet the current and emerging business needs of the organization. Identifies gaps and builds plans to improve capabilities in the organization through mentoring and other development activities. Embeds personal development and the fulfillment of personal potential in the organization.
- Manages team’s performance; holds direct reports accountable for the achievement of business plans, and takes corrective action where necessary to ensure the achievement of business objectives, balancing the need to deliver short term business objectives with the longer-term delivery of sustainable business value.
- Takes overall responsibility for driving a culture of continuous improvements and innovation; together with HR partner, plans on how to deliver a workable change management strategy (fit and appropriate for the organization) to influence the right culture and behaviors that will help achieve desired outcomes.
- Advocates a culture of ethics and integrity across the organization; sets the tone from the top and takes the necessary action to ensure that this is clearly communicated and adhered to.
Stakeholder and Risk Management
- Identifies and manages various stakeholders (internal/external, up to group level), finding out their needs/issues/concerns and ensuring he/she is able to support the communication of business information and decisions from the country.
- Proactively identifies and anticipates risks that may have a potentially adverse impact on the business and works collaboratively with other support functions to develop and implement a risk mitigation plan.
- Represents EWTZ in external relations with customers, local government agencies, industry, public and others. Ensures that the corporate image and brand is kept consistent with the EWS group branding guidelines.
- University degree, postgraduate degree is an advantage
- Experience in similar general/business management role for minimum 5 years in a small to moderately-sized business in Africa; knowledge of how entire business works ie, sales and marketing, supply chain, financial operations in local setting for a seed or related agribusiness / or life sciences products.
*March 31, 2020 is the deadline for submission of applications.