Managing DirectorThe Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (AUWSA) is a legally established entity responsible for the overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Arusha City and other annexed and gazettes areas. It is among the best Authorities in Tanzania.
The core functions of the Authority is to provide clean, portable and wholesome water to Arusha City residence and some part of Arusha and Arumeru Districts, disposal and treatment of wastewater from customers connected to the central sewerage system.
The vision of
AUWSA is to be the best Authority in water supply and sanitation
services in Africa. In order to attain its vision and mission, AUWSA is
seeking to recruit dynamic, results driven individual, experienced,
competent and qualified Tanzanians to fill in a vacant post of Managing
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The position holder is required to run the Authority in the highest professional standards and practices so as to attain envisaged vision “To be the best Authority in water supply and sanitation services in Africa”
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To oversee all Authority’s activities concerning continuous supply of clean, safe and adequate water for domestic, commercial, industrial and related purposes and efficient removal and hygienic disposal and treatment of waste water.
- To oversee effective implementation and realization of Authority’s Vision, Mission and Annual Plan.
- To oversee the management of all resources within the Authority,
- To supervise the implementation and adherence to policy guidelines laid down by the Ministry of Water, the Board of Directors and all relevant legal requirements.
- To oversee the planning and execution of new water supply and sewerage projects.
- To supervise preparation of annual budgets, financial and performance reports as may be required by the Board.
- To review regularly, actual performance against plans and budgets and submit reports to the Board detailing performance with recommendations for actions necessary to correct adverse variance.
- To advise the Board on efficient and effective management of the Authority.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors and Ministry of Water.
Holder of a degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Minimum five years of experience in water sector.
The above vacancy carries an attractive competitive salary and package including housing and transport in accordance with the qualifications, required skills and experience stated in the specific vacant post and AUWSA’s Scheme of Service and Salary Structure.
- The applicants must be a Tanzanians and not less than 35 years of age.
- Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their application letters attached with certified copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- The CV must incorporate all contact: telephone numbers, mobile, postal address, e-mail and physical address of at least three reputable referees.
- Only Certificate of Secondary Education (CSE) and Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (ACSE) from National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) are accepted, result slips are strictly not accepted.
- Certificates from foreign examination Bodies, Colleges or Universities should be verified by NECTA, NACTE orTCU.
- Only short-listed candidates (who meet requirements) will be contacted for an interview.
- Applicants who will submit forged documents will be subjected to criminal proceedings.
- In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to possess the following traits:
- Excellent communication skill.
- High integrity and ability to adapt to changes quickly.
- Capacity to work hard, under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholders.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to supervise big water project and ensure value for money Align the organization with Government Policy of Industrialization
All applications should be delivered by means of Postal address via Express Mail Service (EMS) or Hand delivery only. AUWSA is an equal opportunity employer woman with the required qualification and experiences are highly encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him/her not later than 08th April, 2020 16:30 HRS.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY