Airport Services Manager
Reference No OP-20-011
Job Title Airport Services Manager .Dar Es Salaam – CS
Bachelor Degree in related discipline with 06 years of experience in relevant field
Or 02 years college Diploma with 08 years of experience in relevant field
Or Specialised certificate / license* in the related discipline with Higher Secondary School with 12 years of experience in relevant field.
*(denotes as under)
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
– Dangerous Goods Certification (immaterial of validity)
– Weight & Balance Certification (immaterial of validity) mandatory
– Ramp Safety (immaterial of validity)
– Specialized Training in all areas Ground Services
– Proficient in English (Reading & Writing)
– Proficiency in MS office
– Must be tactful and courteous in dealing with various nationalities particular with irritated and unruly passengers and VIPs in-order to maintain the Company profile
– Must be capable of making logical, on the spot decisions in problem solving. Therefore, fair degree of concentration and alertness is needed.
Job Location Tanzania-Dar Es Salaam
- Coordinate with Regional Airport Service Manager on ongoing action plan for service improvements, adapt all possible methods to achieve/exceed the set up targets.
- Manage the daily operation of the airport from scheduling appropriate number of staff to overseeing and participating in staff hiring and development.
- Liaise with Service providers to ensure that best efforts taken in promoting Oman Air operations.
- Liaise with internal/external sections/departments such as Engineering, Catering, Commercial, Flight Operations, Cargo, Finance, Procurement and Training towards achieving/exceeding targets.
- Ensure Oman Air’s marketing interests are safeguarded at all times.
- Ensure that Staffs are guided to adhere to all laid down procedures/regulations/standards & agreements affecting passenger, ramp, baggage, cargo, weight and balance as specified in the manuals, regulations and directives.
- Ensure a high standard of safety and security for staff, passengers, baggage, cargo, mail, aircraft and company property.
- Ensure major potential problem areas are identified and action taken to rectify.
- Plan leave schedules for staff. Ensure that staff on shift Wears Company uniform to the required standard, meet appearance and grooming.
- Maintain documentations pertaining to staff administrative matters and recommend recruitment, promotions or dismissal of staff when deem necessary.
- Ensure Oman Air staff are appropriately trained and guided correctly to use manuals, procedures and directives.
- Ensure all passengers are handled in correct manner and provide personalized service to high yield passenger as well as for any special service required for economy class passengers.
- Monitor handling activities of ramp duties, with special emphasis on cabin cleaning.
- Ensure timely of arrival baggage in the baggage reclaim area. Investigate any deviation from the set up standards.
- Ensure safeguard of flight revenue documents and prompt dispatch to head office as per the laid-down procedure.
- .Ensure that company regulations are followed with regard to lost/found/damage baggage and that the time factor in this connection is not exceeded.
- Ensure all discrepancies are reported in the station logbook and make RASM aware of corrective action taken along with recommendation to prevent recurrence.
- Implement action plan for delayed flight and accomplish all the necessary steps in accordance with the laid-down procedure and ensure maximum attention and care provided to all passengers.
- Adapt instructive guidelines for oversold flight on shift basis in line with the action plan – over-sale, brief of all staff under his direction and coordination with GHA for implementation.
- Investigate passenger complaint and prepare detailed report for further assessment and action by Customer Relation Section. Copy RASM in the correspondence.
- Prepare annual budget for the station identifying all required and applicable cost related activities.
- Represent Oman Air at all levels at industry meetings including AOC and local governmental departments. Conduct regular briefing/debriefing sessions with shift in-charges towards improvement.
- Present Monthly Reports to respective Regional Ground Services Managers, detailing relevant to Ground services performances against KPIs, Customer Services Delivery Standards and Staff issues.
- Responsible for station Emergency Response Plan
CLICK HERE TO APP