Position: Advisor Health
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
The GIZ program “Improving Healthcare in Tanzania” is looking to fill the position of Advisor Policy Development and Coordination in the Health Sector.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Duty station: Dodoma
Terms of the Contract: Fixed term contract
providing professional advisory services to and building capacity within MOHCDGEC
liaison between the GIZ and MOHCDGEC and PO RALG (and other institutions as required) regarding the joint program “Improving of Health Care in Tanzania’ and related aspects.
- advises the Ministry of Health (MOHCDGEC) on the development of strategies and implementation plans for the health sector, in particular in the areas “health systems strengthening for UHC” under complementary special consideration of Reproductive and Child Health
- provides profound technical advice and actively supports the team at MoHCDGEC in the overall process of developing the new HSSP V/ One Plan III and other policies, strategies and subsequent plans in the area of Health Systems Strengthening for UHC and Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights
- supports the respective preparation, documentation including the preparation of documents and feed the results into other relevant processes
- prepares (written) concept notes and/or updates for different target audiences
- liaises with relevant stakeholders and partners of the Tanzanian-German Program “Improving Healthcare in Tanzania” and ensures continuous flow of information in both directions (in close consultation/ coordination with the Head of Program)
- communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the programme
- travels from Dodoma to Dar es Salaam (and other places, as required)
- ensures knowledge transfer to the programme
- draws up reports and presentation documents and other briefs/documents as requested
- prepares appropriate input for various programme reports including annual reports, social media contributions and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office
- advises MoHCDCGEC on stakeholder coordination and actively supports implementation, e.g working groups, stakeholder coordination meetings etc.
- participates in and contributes to all GIZ team and technical processes as required (online and in person)
- provides technical inputs to GIZ planning and reporting
- coordinates relevant project activities at local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners, both as regards implementation and preparing organisational aspects
- compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Medical doctor, nurse/midwife with university degree/ social scientist
- Additionally Master in Public Health or similar in the field of Public Health required, preferably at International University
- 8-10 years of practical working experience in Public Health in East Africa
- 3-5 years working experience as a doctor preferably in the area of gyn/obs or nurse/ midwife
- 2-3 years working experience in an International organisation/international NGO/UN/ international university/ international exposure
- 3-5 years working experience within or with ministries
- Excellent knowledge of the SDG approach to UHC and international evidence on effective interventions for reducing maternal and neonatal mortality
- Excellent knowledge of the Ministries structures, processes and key persons
- Excellent Swahili and English skills (fluent verbal and written English)
- Excellent data analysis and writing skills,
- Very good communication skills and proactive approach to work
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
Please use the subject line “Advisor Health”.
Applications in hard copy will not be accepted.
Closing date for submission: 02.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.