About CRS Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, micro-finance and peace-building.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Salary Grade: 10
You will manage and represent Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) activities operating through its fully operational sub-office in Mbeya to ensure implementation of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Out of the Mbeya sub-office you will ensure the development and effective management of operational systems and resources and the delivery of high-quality programming in coordination with the CRS main office in Dar es Salaam. The Mbeya office supports the coordination of all our field programming in Mbeya, Songwe, Iringa and Njombe regions.
- Manage planning and implementation of all key activities at the sub-office level ensuring alignment with Country Office (CO) and agency strategic programming and operations excellence priorities and standards. Approve expenses, monitor spending, and make budget adjustments in line with operational and programmatic needs and donor requirements.
- Serve as the security focal point. Proactively manage security and mitigate security risks. Ensure a safe work and living environment through leading implementation of safety and security protocols and staff care and well-being best practices.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity. Contribute to staffing plans and recruitment process of senior staff.
- As the primary representative of CRS in Mbeya, strengthen existing and develop new relationships with local partners, government and community organizations.
- Proactively and effectively manage resources and promote stewardship, ensuring program and operations teams and partner staff have and optimize the appropriate human, financial, and material resources and tools.
- Ensure high-quality project implementation, management, and compliance with programmatic standards, policies and procedures through project review systems and quality control
- (comprehensive M&E systems, budget review and analysis). Promote documentation of program
- reviews, success stories, and lessons learned
- Monitor day-to-day operations to ensure all operational services (HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Admin, ICT) are delivered with high quality in an efficient manner and adhere to policies. Manage risk and address challenges that affect the proper stewardship, optimal utilization and maintenance of program assets and resources (financial, human, and material).
- Create and maintain the proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Identify capacity strengthening needs for staff and partners and coordinate with CRS TZ program and operations teams to address capacity strengthening.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, International Relations, or relevant field required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a non-profit, development, and/or humanitarian organization with progressive responsibilities and some project management experience.
- Experience with an international organization a plus.
Required Languages – English, SwahiliTravel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 25 %
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Able to live in an environment where everyday comforts may not be readily available.
- Experience working with projects funded by multiple public donors, including USAID, UNICEF, EU.
- Experience in stakeholder management and establishing and strengthening community partnerships.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Knowledge of procurement and general office administrative/management issues
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Key Working Relationships:
Internal- Country Manager, Head of Programs, Director of Finance, HR and SCM
External- EARO Regional Team, local donor representatives, local church representatives
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their applications to CRS Human Resources Manager at TZ_HR@crs.org by 17h00 EAT on 29 February 2020.
Only submissions that meet the following criteria will be reviewed
- Subject line must read “Head of Office Mbeya”
- CV must be in Word or PDF format and not exceed 4 pages.- Cover letter summarizing qualifications and motivation. Cover letter must be in Word or
PDF format and not exceed 2 pages.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position. CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.