Position: Team Leader (EU Regional Technical Assistance Facility)
Eastern Africa, Southern Africa and Indian Ocean
Mott MacDonald and its consortium partners are positioning themselves to tender for the EU TA Regional Facility for Business Development and Investment Climate Eastern Africa, Southern Africa and Indian Ocean. This project is expected to start in 2020.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
We are recruiting for an experienced Team Leader for the anticipated EU Regional Facility for Business Development and Investment Climate Eastern Africa, Southern Africa and Indian Ocean. The programme, with a total value of Euro 15 million, will be implemented in 48 months and facilitate improving private sector development and the investment climate in Eastern Africa, Southern African and the Indian Ocean.
Implementation activities are aimed to:
- promote and strengthen inclusive public-private dialogue through capacity building;
- strengthen structured political and policy dialogue;
- contribute to market-based approaches to private sector development;
- strengthen capacity of MSMEs and young innovative entrepreneurs;
- promote women entrepreneurship;
- generate knowledge, studies and communication;
- analyse national/regional and support the development value chains; and
- strengthen the capacity of regional bodies and national administrations to design and implement legal, regulatory, administrative and institutional reforms that promote trade, economic stability, conducive business environments and attract investment.
- Advanced academic qualifications (preferably Masters’) in Economics, Business, Development Studies, Agribusiness, Project Management or other related subjects
- Expertise in any one or more of the following areas: market-based approaches to private sector development; access to finance; women entrepreneurship; value chains development; inclusive public-private dialogue; legal, regulatory, administrative and institutional reforms for trade, business enabling environment and investment.
- Demonstrated track record with at least 15 years of experience in capacity building of governments, private sector, local financial institutions, NGOS, SMEs, cooperatives, business associations, business incubators and accelerators, social partners, academic and research institutions or development partners
- Recent experience as Team Leader on complex large EU funded programmes focusing on business environment reform, investment climate and private sector development. Experience in the regions of Southern Africa, Eastern Africa and Indian Ocean will be highly desirable;
- Ability to effectively manage and coordinate multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural large teams
- Strategic leadership, vision, ability to work with workplans, logical frameworks and adherence to agreed budgets
- Good understanding of the latest EU management systems and requirements
- Previous experience of managing multi-country large projects will be highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in effective communication and negotiation with multiple stakeholders, industry players, sector actors, including government agencies and the private sector in areas such as the promotion of women entrepreneurship/ gender inequality is considered a big plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Job Ref 44716BR
Recruiter Contact Adam Leach
Country Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Rwanda, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Region/State: All - Botswana, All - Democratic Republic of Congo, All - Ethiopia, All - Kenya, All - Lesotho, All - Malawi, All - Mauritius, All - Mozambique, All - Rwanda, ALL - Somalia, ALL - South Africa, All - South Sudan, All - Tanzania, All - Uganda, All - Zambia, All - Zimbabwe
Sector International development
Website Region Africa
Website Sector International development, Management consultancy
Job Expires 02-Mar-2020