Vacancy title: Personal Assistant To The Ambassador
Jobs at: Embassy of Sweden
Deadline of this Job: 31st January,2020
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The Embassy is responsible for representing and promoting Swedish interests in Tanzania and has approximately 40 employees. The overall tasks of the Embassy include supporting business and trade; development cooperation, consular and visa services.
Personal Assistant To The Ambassador We would like to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Personal Assistant to the Ambassador effective from April 2020. The job holder will report to the Ambassador.
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will have demonstrated administrative, organizational and communication skills. Specifically, the Personal Assistant will support the Ambassador with:
• Time Management: Organizing the Ambassador's diary, including arranging dates/times for meetings, in close collaboration with Embassy team. Pre-meeting verification and follow up. Dealing with last minute schedule changes. Receiving visitors to the Ambassador's office.
• Arranging programmes for official travel domestically and abroad.
• Entertainment: Arranging, in close consultation with Embassy team and Residence Manager, events at the Ambassador Residence, including securing dates, issuing of invitations and follow up as appropriate,
• Point of contact: Handling of correspondence and phone calls with government officials, representatives of the Tanzanian society at large, the diplomatic community, incoming Swedish visitors etc. Maintain and update the Embassy's contact database
• Drafting basic letters, official correspondence etc. as directed by the Ambassador
• Translation of documents and speeches from English to Kiswahili and vice versa. : General office management including logging the Ambassador's travel, leave and monthly activities.
• Arranging official visit programmes and meetings
• Perform other duties assigned by the Ambassador.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Excellent secretarial and administrative skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Excellent organization skills and a keen eye for details.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills :
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili: 3-5 years substantive experience in relevant positions, preferably as
• Personal Assistant to an Executive in an Embassy or international organization. Degree in relevant academic field.
• Ability to multitask and work as a team player.
• High level of professional integrity and service mindedness
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to be professional, courteous and deal directly with key players at a senior level.
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity, e-mail us your CV (maximum 5 pages) and one page application letter explaining your suitability for the role. Please, do not include your certificates. Write *PA_Ambassador" in your e-mail subject line. The deadline is 31st January 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We regret the vacancy is not ideal for fresh graduates, Executive Search and Selection Division Prospect Africa Limited e-mail: email@example.com