Job Title: Head of People and Culture (HR), VisionFund Tanzania
Fixed term, Full-time
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To Manage & coordinate human resources strategy for VisionFund, Tanzania (VFT) - Microfinance Business (MFB) including manpower planning, recruitment & selection, orientation, placement, performance management, compensation package, staff development and talent management.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Ensure that Human Resources (HR) Strategy is developed & implemented in all areas of the organization and in compliance with VFT & VisionFund International (VFI) standards:
- Provides strategic People support and advice on Human Resources issues.
- Updates the employee handbook on a per need basis, and ensures that all revision and addition to the policies are written in the employee handbook; Informs all concerned staff the changes entered into the employee handbook.
- Ensures that good insurance covers for staff are in place that will be of benefit to the organization.
- All Policies are updated.
- As required quarterly present to board People & Culture (P & C) matters.
Staffing Plan & Budgets:
- Contributes and advises in senior management strategic planning, with particular responsibility for HR needs, policies and procedures.
- Prepares and submits annual budget and plan for the approval of the SMT.
- Plans and implements procurements.
- Administers the logistics, safekeeping of the office premises and properties.
- Recruitment, Selection, Orientation and Placement:
- Develops letters of appointment, transfer, promotion, and the like; and sends to the concerned staff after approval.
- Conducts “due diligence” or the “fit and proper” test to assess the job applicant’s background and character.
- Ensures that VFT maintains a standardized and systematic hiring and recruitment process; develops or updates hiring policies and procedures most appropriate to individual positions.
- Coordinates all recruitment for VFT: reviews staff requisitions, supervises the hiring and contractual process, and arranges for the new employee’s orientation with the immediate supervisor.
Compensation & Rewards:
- Reviews the benefits scheme (compensation, incentives, and other benefits) on an annual basis; ensures that it is properly administered in accordance with the employee handbook, and if necessary, recommends to the CEO the renewal of the scheme.
- Conducts consultations with department heads to determine performance indicators and benchmarks per position.
- Periodically carries out salaries and benefits surveys for the review process in order to develop and maintain a competitive compensation package and incentive schemes for staff.
- Develop, implement and monitor staff performance appraisals is done on a regular basis.
- Reviews and upgrades the performance appraisal instrument, at least yearly to determine effectiveness and applicability.
- Investigates all disciplinary and grievance cases with the respective staff, provides guidance, and corrective action through counseling, training, or instituting disciplinary procedures.
- In consultation with the senior management, develops performance indicators and standards in promoting staff to higher posts.
- Branch efficiency & Effectiveness.
- Capability & Competency Management:
- Conducts periodic staff training needs and plans for capacity building- training and staff development.
- Coordinates and develops the staff development strategy to make sure that the staff continues to achieve professional growth within VFT.
Advisor P&C whistleblower Committee on policies & regulations governing staff disciplinary.
Coordinates grievance hearing between the staff and the committees.
Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Visit to the Field operations quarterly.
Master/Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources, psychology, law and Social Science.
Bachelor Degree in HR, Social Science, Psychology & Law.
Excellence interpersonal counseling & problem- solving skill.
Very good knowledge of oral & written English.
Very good analytical & reporting skills.
Good trainer, facilitator, mentor and coach.
Good knowledge of WV &VFI Partnership.
Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
Be a good leader.
Familiar with Core business.
Model and demonstrate effective Christian leadership and able to lead daily devotions.