Job SummaryThe Procurement and Local Subcontracts Officer will play a pivotal role in ensuring integrity, fairness, and openness in procurement processes as well as adherence to policies, procedures, and controls. The main responsibility for this position is to conduct procurement of goods and services. The position requires relevant work experience in the field of procurement and contracting across a variety of industry sectors, contract management, managing interpersonal relationships and
communication, and investigating/following up on vendor issues. The position requires knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). The Procurement and Local Subcontracts Officer will be responsible for gathering complete procurement related backup documentation and auditing prior to submission to the Finance team. He or she will develop and release solicitations, and conduct price/cost/reasonability analyses, as well as perform any other related duties as assigned.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Executive level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Reports to: Senior Human Resources and Operations Manager.
Location: Dar es Salaam
Location: Dar es Salaam
- Prepare complete backup documentation for procurement purchases & submit to project’s Finance Team.
- Conduct daily reviews of procurement related backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with USAID and DAI policies
- Assist and collaborate in external or internal audits as necessary Policies & Procedures
- Ensure adequate procurement competition is achieved, as per USAID and DAI policies and procedures
- Ensure DAI/USAID and FAR policies, and procedures are followed and enforced
- Help other project staff become more familiar with, and understand, the DAI policies and procedures as related to procurement, and train or help staff where necessary on procurement planning
- Ensure integrity of procurement process and compliance with procedures
- Maintain electronic procurement records & files in various DAI’s system platforms
- Help DAI staff understand the use of procurement systems as necessary
- Solicit bids and quotes from vendors in adherence with policies & approved requisitions and quarterly procurement plans
- Monitor, track and expedite all project procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services
- Keep up-to-date on market information – including pricing – independently
- Help non-procurement staff understand the requirements for submitting accurate and thorough requisitions, cost estimates, statements of work, or to determine other technical specifications
- Assist project staff in coordinating meetings, facilitating discussions, and developing briefings in support of the source selection process
- Prepare cost evaluation data, and source selection documentation for review and approval
- Ensure procurements are approved by the required DAI authorities, and/or client approvals are received, before awards are made
- Through market research efforts, identify and qualify potential suppliers (and products/services)
- Maintain procurement file system in DAI’s procurement system (TAMIS)
- Analysis of proposals on cost saving, reduction strategies, reasonability & allow ability in the project
- Preparation of Purchase Orders (PO) and contracts in and outside TAMIS Pro, preparation of BPAs for contracting of services, vendors’ and buyers’ profiles creation in TAMIS Pro and develop and manage roster of suppliers
- Prepare and present reports on procurement status, updates to project management.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as directed
- The Procurement and Local Subcontracts Officer will have no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field. A Master’s Degree in Procurement is preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in procurement in an organization
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a procurement role for USAID funded projects
- Experience with the procurement & acquisition aspects of USAID funded projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable procurement-related USG & Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) regulations
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally)
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive in the procurement process
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent bids
- Excellent communications and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, and analytical ability
- Experience with Microsoft office suite, TAMIS and TAMIS Pro will be added advantage
- Fluency in English is required
- Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania with travel to project activity sites as needed.