Job Title: Plantation Finance Officer
Loaction: Arusha & Moshi
Job SummaryWe are looking a highly motivated Plantation Finance Officer who will help furthering the company's mission and fit to our values and ethics.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Natural Extracts Industries Ltd (NEI) is a social enterprise company pioneering the sustainable flavor manufacturing industry in Tanzania, focusing on vanilla, cocoa, orange and coffee. The company works in all areas from cultivation, to post-harvest processing, to value-add manufacturing and to international sales and marketing. The supply chain currently integrates over 5,000 farmers from Kilimanjaro, Kagera, Morogoro, Mbeya and Arusha regions, and through this sourcing model NEI aims to deliver a long term socioeconomic impact equivalent to increasing average annual smallholder household income by 50%. The current natural flavor product offerings include: (i) liquid extracts from vanilla, orange, cacao and coffee; and (ii) solid flavors like gourmet-grade bourbon vanilla pods, cacao powder and cacao nibs. The company is embarking on a rapid scale-up to meet growing international customer demand.
The Plantation Finance Officer will be responsible for the following activities:
- Assist the Finance Lead on:
- Book keeping by recording all the company transactions on vouchers and on an ERP system with careful consideration to the chart of accounts, project codes, taxation and statutory deductions/contributions;
- Reconciliation of bank statements every month;
- Managing the mobile money accounts, petty cash boxes and general cash disbursements using the imprest method;
- Managing the fixed asset register;
- Ad hoc auditing of physical inventory at the end of every quarter and compare the same to the system counted inventory;
- Auditing supply chain-related payments by calling farmers on a weekly basis and reporting discrepancies in writing to the Plantation & Sustainability Lead;
- Preparing payroll including payslips, PAYE/SDL/NSSF/NHIF/WCF payments, and consultant/service provider payments including withholding taxes;
- Reconciling sales and purchase invoices on a weekly basis, taxes (eg, VAT and WHT), managing aged payables and receivables, and other finance-related audits and reconciliations as may arise;
- Support the Finance Lead on monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, including the annual audit;
- Ensuring full compliance with government regulations related to the finance function, including monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reporting;
- Staying abreast of updates on government policies and legislation, particularly monitoring publications on Tanzania’s Official Gazette;
- Preparation of general paper work for submission to government entities, parastatal organisations, investors, donors and other parties, as may be needed by NEI and regulators;
- Follow, without exception, all work instructions, health/safety rules and quality control measures as per the Company's Quality Management System, including all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs);
- Furthering the company mission: to become a leading African manufacturer of premium natural flavour products for the home baking and commercial kitchen markets, while providing sustainable, increased income for smallholder farmers;
- Follow, without exception, all work instructions and safety rules, including the use of all
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Good
Health Practices (GHPs), including Occupational Safety and Health Authority (OSHA), as well as the Company’s Certification requirements ie. Organic Certification and any other
Certification as the company grows. as per the Company’s Quality Management System;
- Furthering the company's mission: to become a leading African manufacturer of premium natural flavour products for the home baking and commercial kitchen markets, while providing sustainable, increased income for smallholder farmers;
- Any instituting the company values of Integrity,Creativity,Passion,Sustainability and Inclusivity
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time by the management team or the Directors.
The Plantation Finance Officer will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor's degree, diploma or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Commerce or Accounting, with a minor in Human Resources Management;
- At least 2 years of experience as Accountant, Chief Accountant or Senior Bookkeeper; procurement skills are highly desirable;
- Ability to negotiate with government authorities/agencies and contractors, and to understand and follow correct regulatory and procurement procedures;
- Advanced ability to conduct Microsoft Excel-based analysis and reporting;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both oral and written, in Swahili and English, particularly for legal and regulatory letters/documents and for investor reporting;
- Must be highly skilled in computer productivity packages such as Microsoft Office, Google Apps/G Suite and Accounting Systems;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and be sensitive to foreign culture;
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision;
- Demonstrate a passion for the food industry and social impact.
The Plantation Finance Officer will be will be provided a gross salary of TZS 850,000/= per month depending on her/his experience. Daily meals and transportation will also be provided.
Expressions of interest
If you would like to be involved, please contact us at email@example.com, including your CV and a brief cover letter about your passion Plantation Finance Officer in a social enterprise by 06th January 2020.