FHI360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, localy driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5 year
global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS
Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development
(USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control.
The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service
delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant
management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding,
prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be
implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority
populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and
vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of
reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support
targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level
amongst the targeted populations.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in various positions as listed below for its EpiC project in Tanzania:
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
Senior Finance Manager based in Dar es Salaam
The position will be responsible for financial management and administration of the EpiC project. Thus wil be ensuring compliance with FHI 360 and USAID financial and accounting procedures, rules and regulations; leading budget development, financial reporting, monitor program expenditures; and maintain financial filing systems. Also will be responsible for sub-award management, monitoring and compliance and providing capacity development and technical support to sub-recipients to strengthen their grant management systems and ensuring strong management of sub-agreements. The position will further be providing guidance, monitoring and support to project team. Additionally, wil be ensuring USAID resources are appropriately directed to project priorities and are in line with project work plans. This position will also ensure program actions are in compliance with USG and FHI 360. The position will work closely with FHI 360 country, regional and HQ offices to monitor and ensure the financial health of the project and to prepare internal and external reports and deliverables.
Preparing and reviewing workplan and other budgets for the Project 8 Preparing financial reports for EpiC Tanzania ^Tracking and monitoring project expenditures against budget; including preparing monthly pipeline analyses for HQ EpiC team -Managing EpiC Tanzania charge codes and chart of accounts ‘Managing EpiC Tanzania sub-recipients across 8 regions, including conducting pre-award assessments, reviewing monthly financial reports, coordinating reimbursements, posting approved expenditures, develop and managing sub-recipient monitoring plans -Providing ongoing capacity strengthening and mentorship to sub-recipients to strengthen financial and management systems for increased accountability and ownership in managing USG funds; conducting site visits to build financial management capacity and ensuring compliance -Coordinating PEPFAR expenditure reports on an annual basis
• Developing EpiC Tanzania procurement plan and overseeing proper procurement procedures for supplies and equipmen t-Supporting other operations activities -Coordinating with country office HR for all HR-related matters for project staff -Supervising a team including staff in regional offices -Regularly reviewing the status of project funds and preparing monthly cash requests -Posting data into financial systems, ensuring that financial information is processed accurately and generates timely and reliable reports -Providing support as needed on bank reconciliations -Conducting trainings for non-finance project staff as well as subrecipient staff on financial and grants management.
Bachelors Degree in Finance and Accounting with at least 7-9 years of related experience; OR Masters Degree in Finance and Accounting with 5-7 years of related experience. CPA, ACA or any other relevant professional qualification is desirable- Experience with U.S. government rules and regulations and experience working in an international NGO environment desirable -Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices -Budget monitoring and general ledger skills -Relevant software skills including automated accounting software, database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems -Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements -Familiarity with Tanzanian public health sector, non-governmental organizations and community-based organizations in Tanzania is highly desirable -Cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of key and vulnerable populations -Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR supported program is highly preferred -Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner -With minimal supervision, managing high volume of workflow efficiently -Ability to handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data as well as experience with computer spreadsheets-Ability to interpret financial information and reports -Ability to work collaboratively, productively and sensitively within a multidiscipline, multicultural and multigender environment -Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision -High degree of proficiency in written and spoken communication-Wel-developed computer skills.
Job Title: Senior Strategic Information Advisor
Senior Strategic Information Advisor based in Dar es Salaam
The position will be leading monitoring and evaluation for the HIV project, under the oversight of the Project Director. Will be the lead technical expert responsible for all strategic information responsibilities related to the program, including al monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results. Additionally, will help enhance or develop systems across sites to monitor service delivery, demand creation activities and performance in real-time in order to plan HIV services and demand creation more effectively and to meet reporting requirements. Also, will develop and support continuous quality improvement systems across program sites to ensure ongoing program improvement and reaching of targets. Further, will ensure program data is tracked, verified and supporting documentation is maintained and reported to USAID/PEPFAR and in DATIM; Will lead efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting within the targeted geographic area, which may include working with program stakeholders and partners to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their HIV services and activities and ensure data quality; and will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for district and provincial level strategic information and monitoring and evaluation and support coordination on the national level.
Masters Degree in public health, epidemiology, social work, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or relevant discipline with 7-9 years of related experience; OR MBBS/ MD/PhD in similar field with 5-7 years of related experience.
• Minimum eight years working on in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and analyzing data to support performance improvement of programs funded by PEPFAR. Experience working on M&E of key population programs is preferable H Demonstrated expertise in data analysis, managing online databases to ensure easy access to data and data reports ‘Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR supported program IS Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, Epi Info; and/or software ‘Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analyses and make recommendations based on findings* Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations ‘Demonstrated working knowledge of Tanzania’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting ‘Previous experience building capacity for generation and use of strategic information H Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation.
Job title: Technical Director
Technical Director based in Dar es Salaam
Overseeing the design and implementation of all technical strategies and interventions for the project to improve quality and increase uptake of HIV prevention, care and treatment and family planning (FP) services by key and vulnerable populations, including orphans and vulnerable children and adolescent girls and young women. The position will also design and oversee structural interventions that promote an enabling environment for key and vulnerable populations to access services.
Providing technical leadership in the areas of community-based HIV prevention, care and treatment to implement high quality activities including HIV testing, linkage to antiretroviral treatment, pre-exposure prophylaxis, HIV self-testing, FP, gender-based violence, OVC services, and community-level supervision, advocacy and engagement ‘Leading efforts to strengthen prevention, care and treatment with all community services, which may include building capacity of community organizations and other stakeholders to provide comprehensive HIV services
• Monitoring and ensuring that the project meets the milestones and targets set for by USAID and in the project work plan, and ensures all activities are conducted in dose coordination with the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare and are in alignment with Government of Tanzania standards, protocols and policies H Liaising with the Project Director and counterparts within the health system and GoT at national and regional levels to ensure quality service provision in the designated regions ‘Providing or overseeing technical capacity strengthening of project subrecipients for quality improvement and sustainability ‘Overseeing the development of regular and ad hoc technical reports and other deliverables
Representing the project with external audiences and at conferences and other forum, as needed.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Position Requirements- Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
MD/ MBBS/PhD in Sciences, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Public Health, Epidemiology, Pharmacy or other related area with 5-7 years of experience in HIV prevention, care and treatment with key and vulnerable populations in Tanzania; OR Masters Degree in Public Health or similar degree with 7-9 years of experience in areas as mentioned above ‘Sound cultural understanding and sensitivity to demands of key and vulnerable populations, including OVC and AGYQ, and an understanding of gender and sexual diversity
• In-depth familiarity with Tanzanian public health sector and donor-funded programs H Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR supported program and organizations working with key and vulnerable populations ‘Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analyses and make recommendations based on findings
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Tanzania health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting and use of data ‘Previous experience in building capacity of local organizations and stakeholders ‘Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. For detailed information, interested candidates may either submit their application Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees to E mail: email@example.com or visit FHI 360’s Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter to register online, and to submit CV/resume and cover letter.
FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: November 10, 2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.