The Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) started as the Dar es salaam medical school in 1963. The school then transformed into the faculty of medicine of the university of Dar es salaam that in 1991 was upgraded and became a college–the Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences (MUHAS).
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Attend to Sickle Cell Disease patients in designated clinics
2. Maintain study logbooks, files and review completed case report forms.
3. Supervision and assistance of the records officer, nursing, phlebotomist and laboratory staff during clinical surveillance.
4. Participate in clinical surveillance of on-going research project which involves filling in case report forms with clinical and laboratory information, specimen collection and storage.
5. Participate in grant writing and manuscript development.
6. Continually review and monitor quality of data collection, patient care, and adherence to regulations (both ethical and bureaucratic) that the investigators have formally committed themselves to uphold.
7. Giving daily and weekly feedback to Clinical Coordinator and writing report on progress and barriers.
8. Attend all research and clinical meetings to discuss progress and status and; gives ideas on how to improve systems of data collection, participant’s care and follow-up.
9. Participate in Scientific Conferences especially those organized by MUHAS.
10. Participate in developing and reviewing clinical standard operating procedures (SOPs)
11. Participate in advocacy and community engagement activities.
12. Participate in formal and informal training activities.
13. Carry out all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
1. Degree in Medical Doctor.
2. At least 1 year of working experience in clinical research or related field.
3. Good work ethics and a desire to make a difference.
4. Excellent report writing skills
5. Prioritizing of tasks and good time management
6. Goal driven with strong attitude and commitment towards clinical research work particularly in Sickle Cell Disease.
7. Ability to multi-task.
8. Flexibility and ability to work within a multi- cultural environment.
9. Strong computer knowledge in statistical packages and Microsoft office.
This position will be on full time basis for ONE Year with annual review of performance. Applicants should send their CV’s, scanned copies of transcripts/certificates and a cover letter outlining their suitability as per the job description to: email@example.com by 16:30 PM on Friday, 1st November 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.You can click here to read more